Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreaming in White

White outside, and white in our bedroom....
This is a section of my baby crib that hangs over our bed. It was Cousin Lenor's, then Dad's, then Aunt Barb's, then me, then my brother David and sister Katie. I think it was in the attic for many years...until we bought this home from my parents in 2000. Dad put it in the garage sale...gasp....and I saved this piece. The netting above it is my wedding veil.

The old nightstand wasn't working, so I decided to drag this in while Winterizing the yard...perfect!







Draped my garter from my wedding day over the floor lamp...


More pics to come tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. I love it! your so talented! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done! I just love sentimental touches. It just makes everything special. The crib is beautiful! I would have gasped too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gentle touches are so profound! I love that every detail is oozing with a story...with actual and real history of you and your family.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thank goodness you saved the crib from the garage sale, love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see more. Love the birdbath base as a nightstand and the crib piece over the bed. Very cool ideas.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete