Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What I Know For Sure

This little girl of mine knows how to have a good time.
She keeps me laughing.
She has a sense of humor far beyond her years....
She's been in my heart for a long time....
and in my arms for 7 years today.

Yep, it's Izzy's gotcha day.
We celebrated as a family last night with Chinese carry out.
It's the same meal every year, and we eat with our chopsticks from China.
Why last night?
Carl had marching band from 5-8 tonight...don't get me started...

This year Carl helped me set the table.
He made sure she had the "you are special" plate,
and our table runners from China were out.
Considering all the spats these two get in, it moved me to see the care he took.

I've noticed many in the adoption world have switched to "family day."
I asked Izzy if she wanted to change the name.
"No way, it's the day you got me."
She's right, and we'll continue to celebrate Gotcha Day for a long time.

After she went to bed, I did what I've done for the last six years...
Logged into our old yahoo group to check in with the other six families.
It's been 7 years since we've seen each other,
but we'll never forget that day.

Tonight with so many things on my plate, it's this pic that puts it all into perspective.
So much to be thankful for,
and so thankful for my little rainbow from above.

I love you Isabella CaiHong Johnson.
CaiHong means rainbow,
and she'll always be mine.

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I hope that one day ill be able to celebrate a gotcha day with a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sentiment! She is one lucky girl to have been got into your family. She just keeps getting prettier every time you post her picture. Happy Gotcha Day to Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day IZZIE! Actually, it's a happy day for all of us because you make all of us so happy! I am so proud to have you as a granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete