Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Going

Tomorrow!
I'm excited,
nervous,
and can't wait to begin.

I'll be a long-term sub for our school's reading teacher.
Tomorrow through the start of Christmas break.
She's having her first baby...very soon.

A two and a half block commute with Sofi & Izzy.
An amazing staff.
Awesome support.
Doing what I love.
Helping kids read.

Sometimes things happen when one least expects it.
I learned about it at the end of July.
I had goosebumps.
It felt right.
I completed a mountain of paperwork....
as fast as I could.

Today I had goosebumps again.
I received my badge, email address, and passwords.
Many things have changed since I left teaching to be a mom...
14 years ago.

It's been a wild and crazy ride.
With my babies all in school,
I'm ready to spread my wings again a bit.
This will be a good first step.

I think I'm ready for the morning.
Bag packed.
Clothes ready.
Lunch made.
New school supplies.
I feel like I'm six again,
and it feels really really good.
-Julie

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Julie!!
    I have alwasy wondered what that first day back will feel like for us stay at home teachers. Mine is still a few years away.:)
    And yes, things sure have changed!:)
    good luck and have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. I've wanted to rekindle that first day of school feeling myself. Live it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great! I am proud of you and excited that you are taking this step! Best wishes for a great day and please let us know how it goes! We are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete