Monday, March 14, 2011

Where I've Been

It's been 11 days since my last post.
It's been a blur.
I spent 5 days in Seattle playing with these two little people!

Meet my nephew and his new baby sister!
I made a last minute quick trip out there...and am so glad I did.
My baby sister had a c-section.
I've lost a few brain cells since mine 7 years ago.
I was no help in remembering details...
like how long before driving,
or how long before you could pick things up again.
It's all a blur.
Remember having a two year old?
I don't...it's all a blur.
Many days spent in survival mode, moving hour by hour.
The messes.
The laundry.
The tantrums.
The joy.
I came home....
to messes,
laundry,
"tantrums" of sorts,
and joy too.
Some things don't change, no matter how old your kids are!

It was great to be with my baby sister and her family...
and my brother and sister-in-law too.

Being so far away is really really tough.
Thank goodness for email, texts, ichat and easy photo sharing.
I miss these two!

The two hour time change and the daylight savings on top of that has made for a rough transition back to reality....
See you tomorrow,
julie

4 comments:

  1. So sweet Julie....a great photo and congratulations all around :)


    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she is sooo tiny and beautiful! Im right in the middle of that 2year old tantruming, laundry, mess, more laundry cycle :) It certainly is getting easier though. Im so glad to have you back Jules - was going to mail you to make sure you were all OK!

    My little sister is in South AFrica, just left CO last month (leaving behing her amazing boyfriend and her lovely family she was working for) and all I want to do is be there to make it all better - I dont know how much harder it will be when she has babies - I think I will be in much the same boat. The boys will be grown and the c-section and new born details would have turned to fog :)

    When are you opening your etsy store!! Im decorating my guest room for our new au pair and im desperate for bird art!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you! I just love snuggling baby heads! What a nice break too. Sounds like it was a good time! The kids are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! love that photo! I nned to update my blog, too...and I haven't even ben traveling...maybe tonite!!

    ReplyDelete