Thursday, January 27, 2011

One Year of Blogging

Started this blog on a whim last January.

I had no idea what I was doing.
I still have no idea what I'm doing.

It was a cold, dark Winter day.
Today it's a cold, dark Winter day.

It's been a place to share my thoughts,
be spontaneous,
be bold,
be thankful
be original,
and just be myself.


Kids had been home sick, and the walls were closing in.
Today Sofi's home day two...and we're going a little stir crazy.

I didn't think anyone would read it.
I really didn't care.
I just wanted a place to think,
and to share pics and thoughts,
like I did when I used to scrapbook.

I've met people around the world.

I've felt part of a community.
I''ve felt encouraged as a wife, mom, artist, and junk loving decorator.

A year ago, I never dreamed I could call myself an artist.
I never dreamed I'd have my work in a gallery or even a store.
(Little Luxuries, Naperville, IL...more coming on that another day)


This blogging thing has helped me dream,
and remember that anything is possible.

I'm hoping to make some changes in my blog design in 2011.
What would you like to see more of?
Why do you stop by and read?
I'd love any feedback...please!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
-julie






14 comments:

  1. I come because I so enjoy your personality, life and friendship. I can relate to you cause you are real and your posts show that. I love looking at your art and your projects. I really love all the pics of those cutie patootie kids! Congratulations on your first year of blogging! I am so glad that I found your blog and got to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think if we met in life outside of blogging we would be friends... you wear your heart on your sleeve, and you are who you are. i love you and your blog for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary;-)
    hope you saved me some cinnamon rolls;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! I love the chalk board too.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo for you Julie! Congrats! Hard to believe that this little blogging thing could change our perspective! I love your blog & just want you to keep being you!! I just got caught up on a few posts so these are my thoughts: great job on the cleaning, keep going!! love love Izzi's bday post~such sweet photos!! your new painting is so cool~good for you putting it in "your" corner!! I am NOT going near that cinnamon roll recipe~trying really hard to be good! hugs to you my dear friend!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy day! One year, huh? I love how I feel like I know you, not just some glossy idea of you.
    And I love you!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're great! Happy Bloggversary!! :) Keep going...It's cold and snowy here too! :)Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so happy that blogging has made a difference to your day. Its our insurance policy that you come BACK! I love that you post on a broad scope. Its not all about one thing, its balanced, its honest, its calm. I love that. I love that you share your life with us, and Im SO happy we've "met"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has it really been a year? Didn't we just meet and become friends for life? How I have adored your friendship {although I think you are far a better friend to me}...know I so cherish you...and your blog.

    Congrats...
    e

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogaversary Julie! I love that you find time to create...that has inspired me so much this year. You are the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just found you and love this post...
    that is exactly how i feel about my little old blog and what it has brought to my day...

    love your blackboard of wisdom!

    have a lovely weekend...

    Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary Julie! Your blog is so wonderful! It is honest, caring and you are such an inspiration! Your family is just precious and I love getting to know everyone. :) Hope all feel well soon!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogaversary! I am new to blogging so I am so happy to learn from others who have been doing this for a while.I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete