Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Best Christmas Present Ever!

I woke up and my antique skis were hanging in the staircase!


We haven't had a railing up for a few years...
since I painted.
I wanted something unique,
and a while back thought these would be perfect!

The only problem?
I had no idea how to make it work.


As always,
Mark did,
and I am so very thankful!

I have my crazy ideas...
the window seat canoe,
the piano innards hanging on the wall...
the branch in the staircase....
I could go on and on...
and he always makes it work!

Now the next step is to paint the sides and risers....

I may spend the day sitting by my front door in bliss!


Yippee!
Bring on the snow!
-Julie

9 comments:

  1. That is really cool!!! What a great idea and what a wonderful hubby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! You'll be walking up and down those stairs just to use that railing for a few days...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I am always so amazed at what you dream up. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome idea! this would be so cool in a ski chalet, too. I have never seen that done! good job hubster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!!! They look so cool on the stairway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    what a great idea'
    Love the branch in the stair well, hanging in the over head.

    It was great of your hubby to get this done for you! what a sweetie.

    Thank you for your visit to my french Christmas

    Blessings my friend.

    xoxo
    Dore'

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I am so far behind! I adore this idea. It is so you...and sooo needs to be copied. I can only wait for next year's PB catalog. If I see ANY skis as railings....oh my. BRILLIANT!

    Cheers!
    e

    ReplyDelete