Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yesterday I Slept Through India

Today I tried one of these at my Yoga Power class...
It's a standing split.


I didn't look anything like this chic.
Perhaps it's because I'm not a "young fit woman."
That's what the image caption said.

Oh well.
I'll be happy if I can get out of bed in the morning.

So yesterday I slept through India....
and I highly recommend it.
"Eat, Pray, Love" that is.
I've decided I'm not truly relaxed while viewing a movie unless I fall asleep.

India was a little boring.
Italy and Bali were eye candy.
Loved it.
Sitting in a movie all by myself with some popcorn and peanut m & ms.
I'd fantasized about it since July.
A few hours seeing a movie,
all by myself,
while all the kids were in school full-day.

Topped it off with some good garage sale finds from Kasey.
Of Lola B fame.
Some ruffled jeans for Izzy,
a little cuff and bird plate for me,
and a few other things for the girls.
I was a pretty happy camper.

Back to cleaning dust bunnies in the upper level.
Oy.
They always come back.

Enjoy your weekend!
-julie


9 comments:

  1. I'm waiting 'patiently' for ELP to be released in Australia.
    Happy to hear that you've finally had 'your' time at the movies.
    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I slept through India during the book, so I quit reading it. My sister told me to skip 'Pray' all together and just pick up at 'Love' but I just couldn't get into it. I have been wanting to go see the movie {love Julia}, so it's funny to me that you experienced the same thing! Glad you got your movie in and the garage sale finds from Kasey sound great. I can see how her 'trash' could be my 'treasure' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...three hours of uninterrupted movie bliss does sound pretty good about now!
    Glad you got your day!
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a blissful 3 hours!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by my blog Julie.
    Your children are beautiful and I can't wait to come back and read more!
    xo
    Chrissie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you got your birthday "date"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I highly recommend it Felicity. Megan- I need to reread the book. It's been a few years. I remember that 2 of the sections were easy to get through than others.

    Everyone needs to treat themselves to a birthday "date." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect day! I am looking forward to a day to myself, I NEED one!

    Happy Birthday Julie!
    Londen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my! what did you find at Lola B's?! Can't wait to hear how that was.

    And the movie - I've heard such mixed reviews - will have to curl up and gaze at Javier from the comfort of my own home -I don't think its in the theaters 'round here anymore...sigh....

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete