Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's Lime Green with Pink and Brown Polka Dots?

The playhouse!
Mark built this little house for Linnea when she was 2.
Nine years and two more girls, and it needed a little love.
One squirrel hibernating in it over the Winter,
and it really needed some attention.
Thanks to Papa for some major drywall repair!

I worked on this most of last weekend.
Linnea picked the color...lime green of course.
Found these awesome stick on polka dots at Kohls (free after using $10 giftcard in the mail),
Pink chair from a friend's garage sale....

A little chalkboard paint,
Some paper lanterns from Hobby Lobby,



A little pink drawer from Goodwill,
Refurbished cabinet...painted of course...

Bins from the dollar section at Target...
Hold cleaning supplies,
games,
art supplies,
and little treasures...
the perfect colors!

Sweet trio of nesting glass tables from our dear friend Eva...
a new coat of paint,
and tucked some scrapbooking paper underneath...

Refurbished an old table,
added 2 new lime green chairs in back...
perfect place for some lemonade or a sweet treat!

So...
if you knock on our door and can't find me,
I'm probably in here....
Just need to paint the exterior trim and add a new fascia board.
Woo Hoo!

-Julie

12 comments:

  1. this is just so sweet...some pink lemonade and lemon bars and I'll join you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! What a wonderful retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The playhouse looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your playhouse is gorgeous Julie! I'm sure a lot of fun will take place right in there. I'm so sorry for not responding to your email yet. Over the weekend I'll prepare a new envelope and will send it your way first thing Monday morning.
    Sending a huge hug your way for a happy Thursday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the coolest thing! Love love what you did. I wanna hang out in there! LOL
    Oh the memories your girls will make in that playhouse. I used to have one when I was in gradeschool and I will never forget the memories I made. I used to sneak my mom's cherry tomatoes up into it and eat them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I love the pink & green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a dream of a backyard with a playhouse. I LOVE THIS!!! What a great place. And with sisters--fun and fighting all in one.
    I was going to comment on your post yesterday, but I got distracted. I think it was so thoughtful. When we take that time with our kids, . . . sometimes it's magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this Julie! I need t paint the inside of ours. Your is so fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable playhouse Julie! Linnea is a lucky girl and she has great taste, the colours are fabulous! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I just inherited a set of 3 little glass topped tables from my husband's grandma. I can't wait to copy your scrapbook paper technique! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is sooo cute! i love how everything turned out- what a fun place for your girls to play. though if i were you i would want to be in there playing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is simply adorable--I want to come for a frappe! Thanks for linking up to the Under $100 Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete