Monday, May 23, 2011

Days I Want to Remember

In the busy moments raising four kids,
This day is one I want to remember....
Kidnapping Linnea at 7 a.m. on her birthday.

She was in the middle of the morning chaos,
and I threw a dishtowel over her head.

We put her in the "new to us" van,
and picked up two of her good friends.

They were already in on our plan. :)
Linnea hates secrets and loves the table in our mini=van.
It was perfect.


Sofi and Izzy kept the big secret.
A minor miracle.


I decorated the van the night before and had locker favors for the girls.
We drove through the new Dunkin Donuts drive thru for smoothies and donuts.
The mess and the smiles and giggles and thank yous I will remember forever.

It was the fastest birthday party I've ever thrown,
but will always be one of my favorites.

-julie


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet that they just loved it. How did you ever get Izzy and Sofi to keep a secret? I so need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest idea ever! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I want to remember this! You are right, the perfect birthday party! Isn't it amazing how great the simple things can be? Why do I make things so complicated? Thanks for the reminder!

    And thanks for the thoughtful comments and support. I can feel so isolated, and then open my email and instantly feel understood and held up by so many kind words. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a cute idea! It almost makes me wish my boys were young again so I can do something like this. Almost! But, I will certainly keep it in mind for my grandson!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the best mom, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think she will EVER forget it! What a great Idea Jules!

    ReplyDelete