Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Momcave

Is here.
My art studio downstairs.
As in the basement.


It's not this clean right now.
I'm painting.
Sketching.
Painting some more.
Cutting.
Finishing.
14 more days until they need to be hanging.
In a gallery.
Gulp.
I think I can.
I think I can.

PLENTY of time, right?
In between Halloween parties,
baking cookies,
assembling costumes,
helping with homework,
tutoring,
driving around and around town,
cleaning,
making meal after meal....

I need to create.
It's a form of meditation for me.
It keeps me sane.

Back to the depths.


-julie

10 comments:

  1. I've gotten behind in my reading. Just caught up with you. I hope you post pics of your art. Have I ever told you how jealous I am that you can create stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have this space, and the talent to use it to its potential. I've always wished I could create, but for me it will likely only be through my camera lens. A very easy and non messy craft. Can't wait to see some of your projects.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully inspiring place to create in...can't wait to see more.
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute space, love that vintage tool box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such an amazing job putting this room together! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my space is in the lower level (basement) its nice to have a dedicated space to make art

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mom cave!! That door is wonderful!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blog. I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Rozmeen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your very own art studio? You are one lucky girlie. I'd love my own space like this.

    It looks so restful and serene. I think the colour scheme is heavenly.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you. I do not make the time for my art hardly at all anymore and that makes me sad. Glad to know you are in such a neat space. Can't wait to see what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete