Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random Thoughts

Please excuse my technical difficulties.
This is not the picture I intended to post.
Kindergartener's response to Lane Smith's book Grandpa Green.
If you haven't seen it, go give it a read at your nearby bookstore.
Mine left....my nearby bookstore that is.
I miss Borders every day.
This book will leave a little lump in your throat and cause you to think.
I probably got more out of it than my kinders,
but they had fun with the project.
I asked them to make a picture of an important life event using only green and texture.

Wow.
Pretty talented little guy don't you think?
Many of the others had a sea of green.
His reminds me of Adam and Eve.
Too cute.

I dowloaded 197 pics onto my desktop.
I don't like blogging on my desktop.
I have iPhoto on this little laptop.
I forget how to get them onto here too.
I'll ask Carl for help in a few hours.

I'm still wrestling with what to do when I grow up.
I wish I was subbing.
I'm "on call" constantly...but only was called when I was sick.
My brain is on creative overload.
1 million ideas, constantly.
It's a gene I was given.
I will never be bored in life.
I will never have enough hours in the day to do all my little brain dreams up.
I dream of projects, connections, events to host, and all kinds of things in between.

I'm making a dent in the disorganized chaos of six people.
Uff Da.
That's a Swedish expression.
I'm trying to find ways to support my family through their days.
Mark is now on our pastoral search committee.
I don't talk about religion or politics on here typically.
It's going to be a long process.
There will be lots of meetings.
There will be lots of time that he is away from the family.
There will be lots of stress.
I know because I was part of the last one.
I see the church having changed so much.
The big C and the little c.
It will be a long year or so.
I think the church has so much to wrestle with...the big C and the little c.
On that happy note,
I'm off to use my brain and wrestle with the technological challenges of this computer.

I want to share pictures of our work in progress home.
Snoopy is coming on Friday.
Huh?
Remember the red baron?
Coming soon to our living room.
That should be enough of a tease to bring you back.
-Julie

1 comment:

  1. I miss your projects! Can't wait to see what you've been up to. And I'm going to pick that book up at the library next time we're there.

    ReplyDelete